4th Annual “Taste of Fennimore” held Saturday, March 4, 2017
The Fennimore Area Chamber of Commerce hosted the fourth annual “Taste of Fennimore” event:
An estimated 450 people strolled through the Silent Woman with a steady crowd throughout the afternoon visiting the 26 vendors.
This year’s competition included three categories for participants to vote:
- People’s Choice – Best Eatery – Castle Rock Inn serving pulled beef, pulled pork and chicken noodle soup from their catering menu.
- Regional Favorite Food – Beth Nelson owner of Creative Appeal Sweet Shoppe who offered an assortment of flavored mini cupcakes.
- Regional Favorite Beverage – Old School Brewing Company a father and son-in-law duo, Rod White and Tyler Haverland which was founded in 2009 from rural Platteville.
Another new addition to the Taste was a display and video of the Fennimore community pool project. The “Taste” committee members put a challenge out that they would match up to $500 any donations made the day of the taste! A total of $ 750 dollars was collected; add the challenge of $500 that makes a total of $1,250 raised toward the pool. That amount will also be doubled by the “Challenge” match which bring the total for the day to $2,500. Way to go Fennimore community!
Bars Participating in Taste Bar Tour
The Taste committee also offered $50 of Fennimore Bucks to each of the four chamber member bars as an after Taste Bar Tour. Following the Chamber Board meeting on March 6, winning names were drawn.
- BD’s Eagles Nest – Brent Bussan of Livingston,
- Fennimore Bowling Alley – Terry Schildgen,Fennimore
- Second Shot – Jim Zart, Fennimore
- The Cottonwood – Sheila Linneman, Fennimore
Thanks to the 2017 Vendors!
- BD’s Eagles Nest
- Benders Foods
- Blue Boy Bakery
- Carr Valley Cheese
- Casey’s of Fennimore
- Castle Rock Inn
- The Cottonwood Supper Club and Sports Bar
- Creative Appeal Sweet Shoppe
- Creature Comfort Sauces
- Driftless Farms
- Frank Distributors
- Grumpy Troll
- Hammerand Farms
- Happy Hunter Farms
- Head 2 Toe
- Honey Hill Organic Farm
- Hostetler Organo Coffee Products
- Karla’s Kitchen
- Old School Brewing
- Becky’s Pampered Chef
- Potosi Brewing
- Second Shot
- Spurgeon’s Vineyards
- Sugar and Spice
- The Butcher Shop
- Whispering Bluffs Winery
- Whispering Winds Winery
- Wisconsin Brewing
See the 2017 Taste of Fennimore Poster
Taste of Fennimore 2017 Committee members:
- Joy Bussan / Carr Valley Cheese
- Ryan Rands / Midwest Builders
- Ben Wood / Wood Law Office
- Tina Frye / Tina’s Bark’N Beauties
- Nick Witz / Peoples State Bank
- Linda Parrish / Promotions Coordinator
Contact the Promotions Coordinator’s office for additional information email@example.com or 608-822-3599.