TREE PLANTING PROGRAM
The City of Fennimore has purchased trees to be planted in the tree terrace in residential areas. Through this City cost-shared tree planting program, trees must be planted in the tree terrace, not on private property. The property owner will be required to pay one-half of the cost, approximately $20 to $30 per tree. The trees will come bare root and will be 5-12 feet tall, depending on the variety selected. There will be four maple, one honey locust (seedless and thornless) and one elm variety available. Select the Tree Order Form below to see available varieties and pricing information. The City has taken delivery of the trees and are ready for pickup anytime from through fall. The trees have been planted in a temporary tree garden to promote root growth until they are ready to be planted in their permanent homes. Anyone interested in participating can sign up at the city clerk’s office. Trees will be sold on a first-come basis. Any questions can be directed to Dennis Biddick, Director of Public Works.
The City of Fennimore Street Department has six full-time employees that work out of the street shop building located at 945 7th Street and can be contacted at 608-822-6017.
Responsibilities of the Street Division:
- Buildings & Grounds – Repair/maintenance of all City-owned buildings and small projects planning and construction.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all Public Works and City equipment including fleet vehicles.
- Street Maintenance – 22 miles of street maintenance, pavement sweeping, snow removal and tree trimming.
- Traffic Signals & Signs – Responsible for the maintenance and repair of traffic signage throughout the City, pavement marking, construction traffic control, and barricading for City projects.
- Garbage & Recycling – Responsible for garbage and recycling collection and operation of the recycling center.
- Park Maintenance – Responsible for maintenance of the four city parks.
- Brush & Compost pickup.