The Fennimore Area Chamber of Commerce is a vital part of the Fennimore community. Call the Promotions Coordinator’s office for more information 608-822-3599.
Chamber Membership includes:
- Website listing in Fennimore business directory includes descriptive text, contact information, website link and Google map. A $250.00 value
- Access to Members Only exclusive events such as Business Showcase and Vendor Opportunities.
- Referrals from calls made to the Fennimore Chamber office.
- Free involvement in Fennimore Bucks Gift Certificate Program.
- Priority Brochure/Business Card placement in the Fennimore Brochure Rack
- Motivational Speaker – discounted rates
- Listing in the Chamber of Commerce Directory of Board, Officers and Members
Marketing Options include:
- Fennimore Bucks
- Monthly Newsletter published in the Fennimore Times
- Constant Contact e-newsletter
- Promotional events and co-op print/radio ads.
Special Events for Members
Business Seminar – During the first quarter of the year the chamber sponsors a motivational speaker a great training opportunity for you and your staff offered locally avoiding costly travel time and expenses.
Taste of Fennimore – Held the first Saturday afternoon of March, the purpose of the event is to offer a fun afternoon showcasing “local fare” to the public in an effort to help increase awareness about the diverse products available in our area/region. Sponsorship opportunities are available to businesses starting in October. Booths offering samples are part of a “People’s Choice” competition with a traveling award and bragging rights for the year!
Citywide Garage Sales – The Chamber sponsors the annual citywide garage sale the weekend prior to Memorial Day each year. The event recently expanded to three days – Thursday thru Saturday. There is an opportunity for businesses to hold sidewalk sales and also place an ad on the official garage sale map.
Chamber Golf Outing – The annual Fennimore Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing, held in mid-June, is a chance to network with other local businessmen and women at a social gathering, with lots of fun to be had on the course. There are many hole prizes and chances to win some prizes for golfing and also at the dinner following. There are opportunities for hole sponsorship, door prizes and the volunteering at the outing. For those who can’t make the outing, be sure to join us for dinner and drinks.
Chicken BBQ & Community Awards – This long-running chamber fundraiser is held the second Tuesday of July. Meal is served in the Fennimore Memorial building. Community Awards are announced at the conclusion of the BBQ.
Christmas Creations Craft Show – The annual event is held the Saturday following Thanksgiving and showcases the work of area crafters. The craft show and vendor fair is located at the Memorial Building and other locations within walking distance.
2018 Chamber Membership Form – Please renew by January 31, 2018 to The Fennimore Area Chamber of Commerce, 850 Lincoln Avenue, Fennimore, WI 53809.
Office staff – Linda Parrish 608-822-3599 (e-mail)
Redeeming Fennimore Bucks
Thank you accepting Fennimore Bucks in your business place. If you have special rules or regulations for accepting Fennimore Bucks in your store, please post the information near your “Fennimore Bucks accepted here sign” which is sent to you with current year chamber materials once your dues are received each year.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Someone just walked into my business and wants cash for their Fennimore Bucks. What do I do? Fennimore Bucks state Bucks are to be used for goods or services only and are not redeemable for cash. Please point that out to them. If they insist they only want to purchase a package of gum (for instance) don’t cause a scene, give them the cash balance.
- How do I redeem Fennimore Bucks? Fennimore Bucks are checks, simply accept the check for full face value and give back any change due. You will receive full face value of the Bucks.
- May I deposit at my bank along with my regular checks? Yes, they are in the form of checks and will be routed to the Chamber’s Fennimore Bucks account.
- Why do you make Fennimore Bucks out for large amounts, $100 for example? When someone purchases larger amounts for one person I generally suggest dividing it into five $20 or four $25. Sometimes they insist on the larger dollar amount.
If you choose to not accept Fennimore Bucks, please notify the Promotions Coordinator so your name can be taken off the list of businesses accepting Fennimore Bucks.